Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Guest Post - Derek Dow!

Hi, my name's Derek Dow, tho most of my work is posted online under the name 'artmunki'.

I wouldn't consider myself a pro yet, but I'm working on that, having just escaped from naff-job purgatory. I mess around with photoshop, mostly colouring other folk's art, but every now & then I find time to crank out something of my own too. And yes, I'm a definite Scot - bred, born & (currently) domiciled in Glasgow. I don't have a proper website sorted out at the mo, but you can check out some of my stuff on my devArt page

The piece I've sent along for Sunday Spot selection was suggested by Gary (probably cuz I don't think he's seen much of my other stuff). I did it last year to enter an open submission for an artbook produced by Imaginary Friends Studios, and was lucky enough to be selected, so you can find this in the 'fan art' section of The Pepper Project. And one of these days, I'm sure I'll manage to do something else which I'm as happy with as I was with this piece!

Many thanks to Derek, and remember that anybody can take part in Scotch Corner and become a guest contributor (yes, we mean you reading this!) so click here and take part!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see your work up here Derek! That's an excellent piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An extremely excellent piece of work, that rendering is a thing to behold.:)

    ReplyDelete