Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Life everlasting...

Painting,Graeme Neil Reid,Illustration
One from my past. I'd asked my friend and writer, Richard Harris, to write a short story for me based on chilling story he recounted to me one lunch time. He dutifully delivered the words and I illustrated four pieces to go with the story including this acrylic and oil painting that sets the tone for the whole piece. According to my computer files this was painted in November 2003 but I'll have to take its word for that. The story was scheduled to appear in the US horror magazine 'Carnopolis' but it unfortunately closed the issue before the story appeared so its never seen print anywhere which is sad story in itself. If anybody knows a horror magazine that would like a short illustrated story then send them my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment