Saturday, April 24, 2010

Not sure if I've ever Blogged this before. This was from the story that really introduced Lulu Romanov to Dante . It was called 'Hellfire' and took place in Venice. I was reminded of it as I had to draw Lulu in Venice again recently. This particular illustration was special because it's one of the very few things that an Editor has ever insisted be cut from Dante. In this case the Ball Gag was considered unacceptable and in the final piece I replaced it with a Baby Dummy instead. No biggie.
The original unedited artwork for this is now hanging on the wall in Robbie Morrison's office...because he REALLY wanted it.

1 comment:

  1. That Morrison droid is a filthy cove. You wouldn't catch ME hanging something like that on my wall..... Who am I kidding?

    Thank you mistress, may I have another?

    ReplyDelete