Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Nicholas Courtney

Graeme Neil Reid,Illustration,Doctor WhoTo fans of Doctor Who Nicholas Courtney will forever be Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, one of the honchos at UNIT and a friend and nuisance to the good Doctor. He was of course a man of many talents and acting roles but his role as the Brigadier was much loved by the fans and treasured by the man himself, having first played the character in 1968 and as recently as 2008 in the Sarah Jane Adventures. Nicholas died on the 22nd February at the age of 81, he'll be sorely missed and forever remembered as the Brig. "Chap with the wings, five rounds rapid".

This illustration was done back in December 2004 and depicts the Brigadier meeting his alternate reality self the 'Brigade Leader' from the 1970 Doctor Who story 'Inferno'. Apart from it being an enjoyable illustration to do I remember that it was coloured in Painter which made a departure for me as I had normally worked purely with Photoshop.

As you can see I failed mightily to do produce a 'J' for the Marvel A-Z, I had even set aside time to do one but an old client appeared on Friday evening and snatched that time away with paid work so what you gonna do? Hopefully I will find time for 'K' as I already know what I'd like to draw. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment