Thursday, July 28, 2011

July Guest – Gibson Quarter!

1) What was your first published work?
My first published work was in Northern Lightz issue #8. It was also the very first appearance of Johnny K. and the "War on Drugs"

2) Who or what inspires you?
My Inspirations are almost too numerous to mention! From a comic art point of view, its GOOD art. Reading a  comic and taking in the art often inspires me to start drawing right away. Specifically as far as big name artists, its folks like Frank Quitely, Joe Madureira, Cliff Robinson & Arthur Adams. I find it pretty easy to tell when artists are really investing themselves in their pages...and those are the folks that inspire me.
Oh, and about every 4th person over on Deviantart!

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
My Dream job would be drawing up some Judge Dredd, and also any story involving Wolverine. I'd also like to draw any script written by Robert Kirkman or Grant Morrison!

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?
Enclosed is a page of my art from the upcoming Holmes Incoporated #2, and also some promo art for the same book.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
You can always expect to see me over in WASTED (quarterly) drawing the 'War on Drugs' with Alan Grant on writing duties. You can also find me in the mid July release of the amazing HOLMES INC. #2

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
If I hadn't become an artist, I'd be involved with Information Technology ...probably an I.T. recruiter. Or maybe a world famous rock star.

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?
More of my work can be found on my blog, http://gibsonquarter27art.blogspot.com/  and also on twitter. https://twitter.com/GibsonQuarter

No comments:

Post a Comment