Sunday, July 24, 2011

July Guest – Rob Davis!

1) What was your first published work?
Roy of the Rovers in 1993.

2) Who or what inspires you?
I'm inspired by good comics and the possibility that I might even make some myself.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
Dream job? Can't think of any job I've done that hasn't been a nightmare at some point, that's part of the process. My dream job when I was a kid was to draw Judge Dredd and when I finally did it I found it totally unrewarding. So 'dream job' would probably be getting paid an advance to develop something I've written.

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?
I think both pictures speak for themselves really.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
Don Quixote will be out from SelfMadeHero in September and Nelson, the UK anthology novel I'm editing along with Woodrow Phoenix (and contributing to) will be out from Blankslate books in November.

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
I would have still been an artist. I did other jobs for a few years, worked in a garage and on building sites, but I was only ever going to do this. To imagine myself not being an artist I may as well imagine myself being a thimble.

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?
http://dinlos.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment