Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Man of Steel

Superman_GNREID.jpg, www.gnreid.co.ukI've probably only read a couple of Superman comics in my life so the 1978 Richard Donner film and the subsequent sequels all staring Christopher Reeve would be my childhood connection with the character. I certainly prefer the 70s style of Superman comic art and often can't stand the way artists draw him these days. I think Gary Frank sets out to draw him with a nod towards the look of Reeve which I like.

Last few weeks have been all about superhero sketches from me and that's for me to tempt people to buy them at Megacon in Carlisle this Saturday. I'll have my usual selection of sketches, sketchbooks, art and prints for sale so if you are in the area drop by and if you are not set off early and come along anyway :) Info about the convention can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/megaconcarlisle and an interview with the organisers can be read over on the Down The Tubes website.

No comments:

Post a Comment